Hello Family Members in Nipissing District, Northeast Ontario Region. Welcome to your webspot! It is here where you can view the upcoming events at Nipissing Family, read the latest activity undertaken by our Family teams as well as what April and Joel are up to! Special events, latest news and much, much more is now at your fingertips.
Enjoy... oh and also, please remember that you can post a comment on anything you like!
1. Watermelon is actually a VEGETABLE! It is from the botanical family Cucurbitaceous and is most closely related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash. The watermelon is composed of 92% water and early explorers often used hollowed out watermelons as canteens.
2. In 1905, an 11-year-old boy named Frank Epperson invented the first Popsicle. He created it completely by accident. Frank accidentally left a mixture of powdered soda and water, with a stirring stick, on his porch. He awoke the next morning and found a frozen pop! He first named his frozen pop an "Epsicle", but when he got older his kids asked for "Pop’s" sickle and the new name was born. Popsicles are more popular than ever today, with cherry being the number one favorite flavor.
3. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!
4. A cheetah does not roar like a lion - it purrs like a cat (meow).
5. A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.
6. About 10% of the world's population is left-handed.
7. A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime
8. One beaver can cut down as many as 216 trees per year.
9. One plain milk chocolate candy bar has more protein than a banana.
10. Some large clouds store enough water for 500000 showers
11. Wedding cake was originally thrown at the bride and groom, instead of eaten by them.
12. What word can you take the first letter of, put it as the last letter, and make it the past tense of the original word? Answer: Eat (ate)
13. Dartboards are made out of horsehairs.
14. The lifespan of a taste buds ten days.
15. Coca-Cola was originally green.
16. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
17. "I Am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
I personally though # 9 was interesting. Have a great long weekend everyone!